February

Hi all, it looks like it's time for another blog post! This month has gone by so quickly especially with so many things coming up in the next few weeks. We've actually just finished our final Med Pharm lecture yesterday. The lecture was on Toxidromes and it went over a lot of the drugs we've covered throughout this year. It was a good refresher of all of the toxicities of the drugs we've covered, especially since we'd have to review these drugs again for the upcoming NBME shelf exam next month. I can't believe we've finished all of Med Pharm in just such a short amount of time. It's a little bittersweet, but I'm glad we'll have a little more time to focus on the shelf exam that is slowly but surely creeping up on us.

As far as volunteering goes, I've continued working for the Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine. We've finished the adult beginner class this past month and got a chance to cook one of the main dishes with the class. I learned a lot of new and interesting recipes, including dessert recipes that were to die for! One them included "fudge" made of dates and nuts as well as brownies containing black beans. It was really interesting to see the many different ways you can sneak in proper, nutritious ingredients into your daily diet. It makes you feel a lot less guilty when snacking and eating desserts.

This past few weeks have been incredibly fun with Mardi Gras coming up. I got a chance to go to a couple of festivals this past months, including the Krewe du Vieux and Krewe of Barkus parades. I love how the whole city is all in for every parade, no matter how big or small. It was amazing to see the floats as well as the incredible costumes people wear! I've never seen such imagination. The Krewe of Barkus parade was especially fun since it was a parade of really cute dogs in costume. I can't wait to see what comes up these next couple of days, culminating with Mardi Gras.

February Service Hours: 7 hours
Cumulative Spring Semester Hours: 21
Cumulative 2018-2019 Hours: 53.50

Good Super Boy!

Few of my classmates and I enjoying
Krewe of Barkus!

Classmate Andrew and I showing off the fish
 tacos and salad we made at GCCM

Comments

Popular Posts