March
Hi all! March was quite an eventful month to say the least. First of all, I experienced my first Mardi Gras this past month and it was as amazing and fun as one would expect. On a normal day New Orleans is typically full of activity, with many things to do and places to go; but on Mardi Gras, the city truly comes alive. It felt like one huge party where everyone in the city is invited and everyone participating is there to enjoy life with friends, family and neighbors. It is definitely an experience that I will never forget.
Another huge event this month was our NBME shelf exam. It's crazy to think about how much we've covered in these past few months and to have it culminate into this one exam made me feel a plethora of feelings from exhaustion to relief, from dread to a feeling of accomplishment. I feel a great sense of pride to have completed Med Pharm and this exam regardless of the result I get. It was a great learning experience to go through what other medical students go through when preparing for this exam, and it made me feel more prepared to encounter other medical challenges that may come in the future.
As far as volunteering goes, I'm still working with the Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine. These past few weeks I've been working with the children's garden and cooking class which has been incredibly fun. It was a great opportunity to work outside in the middle of this beautiful spring weather we've been having and also teaching kids on different aspects of gardening and health at the same time. What I love about working in Goldring is the fact that I get a good opportunity to learn more about the food we eat as well as provide an opportunity for me to speak to different members of the community in both Tulane and in the greater New Orleans area. I get to work with chefs, educators, fellow Tulane students and locals and connect with them, all in the context of food. What is even more fun is the fact that I get to work with children and learn alongside them while harvesting and cooking great food.
Anyway, I cannot believe that this year is almost over. In just a few more weeks, we'll be walking across the stage receiving our hoods. Til' then there is still more work to do and we have to finish out our year strong.
March Service Hours: 8.5 hours
Cumulative Spring Semester Hours: 29.5 hours
Cumulative 2018-2019 Hours: 62 hours
Another huge event this month was our NBME shelf exam. It's crazy to think about how much we've covered in these past few months and to have it culminate into this one exam made me feel a plethora of feelings from exhaustion to relief, from dread to a feeling of accomplishment. I feel a great sense of pride to have completed Med Pharm and this exam regardless of the result I get. It was a great learning experience to go through what other medical students go through when preparing for this exam, and it made me feel more prepared to encounter other medical challenges that may come in the future.
As far as volunteering goes, I'm still working with the Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine. These past few weeks I've been working with the children's garden and cooking class which has been incredibly fun. It was a great opportunity to work outside in the middle of this beautiful spring weather we've been having and also teaching kids on different aspects of gardening and health at the same time. What I love about working in Goldring is the fact that I get a good opportunity to learn more about the food we eat as well as provide an opportunity for me to speak to different members of the community in both Tulane and in the greater New Orleans area. I get to work with chefs, educators, fellow Tulane students and locals and connect with them, all in the context of food. What is even more fun is the fact that I get to work with children and learn alongside them while harvesting and cooking great food.
Anyway, I cannot believe that this year is almost over. In just a few more weeks, we'll be walking across the stage receiving our hoods. Til' then there is still more work to do and we have to finish out our year strong.
March Service Hours: 8.5 hours
Cumulative Spring Semester Hours: 29.5 hours
Cumulative 2018-2019 Hours: 62 hours
![]() |
| One of the members of the Krewe of Zulu |
![]() |
| Coconut Krewe |
![]() |
| One of the carrots we picked from the garden |






Comments
Post a Comment